Home Contents Insurance

Get covered in minutes with our customisable policy.

  • 14-day money-back guarantee
  • No hidden fees
  • Same price at renewal
  • Pay only for what you need

Protect your precious belongings with our Win-Win contents insurance

A better way to get your home, rental, or home office insured.

  • Protect belongings from £5,000 up to £50,000 and your monthly charge can start from as little as £2.80
  • You choose the date you want your policy to start
  • If your home is not habitable, we’ll pay up to £10,000 for your alternative accommodation whilst your home is being repaired.
  • Manage your policy on your phone with our innovative app.
  • Change your personal details or address at no extra cost and no cancellation fees if you decide to leave us.
  • Low excess starting from £50.
  • You can decide to protect your contents against accidental and pet damage and even the valuables you take out of home for work or leisure like laptops, hiking equipment or even a DJ set.

Our Customers Love Us!

Don’t just take our word for it – thousands have picked SO-SURE for peace of mind.

Comparing Contents Insurance

*Based on a sample of UK insurance providers; these may not apply for every insurer

Smart savings
Peace of mind that won’t break the bank. Enjoy a low monthly price and excess from only £50.

Super fast claims
No more waiting around. The majority of claims will be sorted within 72 hours.

Reliable when you need us
We’ve approved 96% of our claims so you know you’re in good hands when you claim.

Same price at renewal
We guarantee the same price upon renewal when you don’t make any claims.

We look after what you love

Protecting the items that you love is important to us so we want to make sure that before you purchase our insurance you know what we can and can’t cover. For us, your belongings are not just stuff, they’re part of what makes your house a home and we go the extra mile with our revolutionary policy.

  • Laptops
  • TVs
  • Tablets
  • Watches
  • Beds
  • Monitors
  • Sofas
  • Desktop Computers
  • Chairs
  • Rings
  • Chest of Drawers
  • Refrigerators
  • Wardrobes
  • Couches
  • Tables
  • Microwaves
  • Ovens
  • Washing Machines
  • Keyboards
  • Mouses
  • China Sets
  • Consoles
  • Vinyl players
  • Gym sets
  • Bottles of Champagne
  • Mirrors
  • More
  • Money
  • Mobile Phones* get covered here instead
  • Already damaged equipment
  • Cryptocurrency
  • Electronics damage from a virus
  • Wear and tear damage
  • Decrease in performance
  • Deliberate damage
  • Items abroad
  • Computer Software
  • Visitor’s items

Tailor your own policy

You can flex your home contents insurance in case you need some extra protection. These optional covers are particularly useful for pet owners, freelancers, business owners who operate at home, parents or just the clumsy among us!


Accidental damage

We have your back when unintentional accidents happen.


Out of home

In case you’d like to protect your jewellery, cameras, golf equipment and more when you’re out and about.


Pet damage

Even the best behaved pet can sometimes have an off day!


Business equipment

Most home contents policies don’t protect the items that make you money, you can now with SO-SURE.

Included in our standard cover

As a standard in our home contents policy, we cover your precious items against loss, theft or damage caused by flooding, household leaks, storms, smoke, fire and more. Depending on your individual needs, you can extend your cover to damage caused by your pet, accidental damage while they’re at home or being moved to your new home, protect your business equipment or even add extra protection for when you’re on-the-go. Choose what’s right for you. Check out our Contents Insurance Policy Document.


Fire and smoke

Including lighting and explosions.


Theft and vandalism

Unfortunately burglary is still a common occurrence, we’ve got you cover in case this happens to you.


Storms and flood

Sometimes water can be damaging, so if your home gets flooded, our standard policy will cover your contents.


Tenants liability

Let us take care of all the court claims in case you caused damage to the contents of the place your renting.


Public and personal liability

We also provide you with personal liability cover if you accidentally cause bodily injury to someone else, or damage to their property, or if someone claims you have done so.


Alternative accommodation

We’ll pay for the costs of temporary alternative accommodation in case your home becomes uninhabitable.


Items in gardens and shared areas

Such as water or oil escaping from fixed water or heating systems.


Freezer goods

Food stored in a freezer in the home due to a change in temperature or contamination by freezing agents.


Household leaks

Our standard policy extends cover into your garden, outbuildings or generally outside your home.

Get covered in 3 simple steps

  • Give us a few details

    Tell us a bit about yourself, where you live and items you want to insure. We don’t waste your time with irrelevant questions and long forms so you can get insured in seconds.

  • Personalise your package

    Completely configurable to your needs – don’t pay for what you don’t want!

  • That’s it. You’re covered

    You can change your policy at no charge and cancel any time for free.

Accidents can happen – we’ve seen it all

We take pride in being different from most traditional insurance companies. At SO-SURE, we believe that one-size-does-not-fit-all,
and that different people value different belongings no matter their price, that’s why we own an award-winning technology that allows
you tailor your policy that suits your individual needs.

  • Guaranteed same price upon renewal.
  • Insure against additional damage such as accidents, pet damage and more.
  • No additional or hidden fees when you change your details or if you decide to leave us.
  • Claim up to 40% back when you refer us to your careful friends.

The reasons to join us, or switch, are countless – what are you waiting for?

As Featured in:


Frequently Asked Questions

I do not own my home. Can I get cover?

Yes, of course, you can. We insure home contents if you rent or own where you live.

Learn more

I share my house/flat with friends. Can I get cover?

Yes, we can insure your items even if you share your home.

Learn more

Do you get a Reward Pot with Home Contents Insurance?

Yes, you do, and you can invite friends and family to build the value of the reward pot.

Learn more