When you lose or have your phone stolen, you need to take these 4 simple steps:
Network: tell your network provider as soon as you can
- It is important to contact your network to block your device and SIM card as soon as possible if your device is lost or stolen. We may ask for evidence of this to support any claim for the loss or theft of your mobile phone.
Police: report it to the Police
- Tell the local Police about any lost or stolen mobile phone as soon as you can, as we will ask you to provide the Police reference number before we will pay any claim for loss and theft.
- If you have difficulty reporting your incident to the police please contact us and we can help to guide you.
Last place: Report it to the place you believe it has been lost or stolen from
- You never know: they might have kept it aside for you! So we expect you to report your mobile phone as lost or stolen to the place you think it has been lost or stolen from.
- We may ask you to provide the details of where your mobile phone was lost or stolen from and actions you have taken to try to recover it
so-sure: Report your claim to us as soon as you can but within 28 days
- For details on how to contact us and know what happens next, please go to How to contact our claims team.