Help Centre > Support > My phone has been damaged by an electrical surgea

My phone has been damaged by an electrical surgea

Although fairly unlikely, this does happen. Electrical surges happen in the home and can be caused by a variety of things. Some of the main causes include:

  • Lightning storms.
  • Electrical items being turned on and off quickly (the hairdryer is a common culprit).
  • Trees or animals interfering with local power lines.

Electrical surges are particularly dangerous to anything with a microprocessor (so anything). A power overload can permanently damage a mobile phone.

The good thing is that with so-sure, you are totally covered against this - just give our claims team a call.