Before you purchase a policy with us your phone must be:
- in your possession
- in full working condition without any damage, which includes cracked screens and scratches.
As such, if something were to happen immediately after you’ve purchased your policy then you would be able to make a claim straight away.
We believe that people are genuinely honest. We have therefore designed so-sure to offer the honest and cheap insurance we all deserve. However, if you were to claim for something that happened to your phone prior to purchasing your policy, it is fraud.
Fraudulent claims breaks that circle of trust and leads to an increase in cost for all. So we take fraud very seriously. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified then we will, among other actions:
- Not honour the claim and will cancel your policy.
- Report you to the relevant authorities and take legal action, if necessary, to recover any money already paid to you under this insurance policy.
- Put the details of the fraudulent claim onto a register of claims through which insurers share information to prevent fraudulent claims.
- Pass the details to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
Full list of actions are available here.